Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default MOT Fail

On Jan 2, 6:23*pm, Adrian wrote:
The Medway Handyman gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

I though vehicle lights either worked or didn't?

Did you try the indicators & brakes at the same time, with and without
the lights on?

Yup

Especially with dual-filament bulbs, a ropy earth can lead to all sorts
of strangenesses if there's a dodgy earth - usually seen as Xmas Trees
when coincidental paths to earth via other circuits start to run out.

That could be it I guess. The earth connection was a terminal bolted
to a welded on nut covered in paint. I took the paint off with a
file. Now 100% certain thats OK.

Didn't have to chance to see what the fault might have been, was on my
own.

Dave TMH