Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default MOT Fail

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Took the handyvan (Renault Kangoo) in for an MOT Friday. Failed on a
few minor points, one of which was "Nearside rear position lamp
adversly affected by the operation of another lamp". Says the same
for the nearside.

Took the clusters off today (the only simple thing to do on a Kangoo -
bloody French)

No obvious fault, remade the earth connection to bare metal, WD40
liberally applied.

SWMBO returned from shopping so I got her to operate brake pedals,
switches etc while I watched.

The van has the sort of rear lights where the side light just gets
brighter when you push the brake pedel - e.g. it isn't a seperate
brake light.

I can't see a thing wrong. Couldn't check beforehand tho cos I was
alone.

I assume "Nearside rear position lamp" means 'sidelight' in plain
English?

The sidelights work - so I can't imagine what they are on about? I
though vehicle lights either worked or didn't?

Dave TMH

Affected by the indicators by any chance?

BTW, just to rub it in, my van passed with just one advisory on Tuesday. The
advisory was that there is rust on the rear of the exhaust pipe section. TBH
I knew that last year and until it starts to blow there seems no reason to
swap it.

--
Adam