Posted to alt.home.repair
Hank[_6_] Hank[_6_] is offline

Default Best way to repair notched joist (with pic)

On Jan 2, 2:27*am, "benick" wrote:

Considering you have a tile floor above it and it hasn't cracked I wouldn't
mess with it to much..Glue and lag a couple of sisters if you'll sleep
better and move on...

I sorta agree with you. It's not a great big deal and many are over
thinking this. My house, which is 7 years old has floor joists made
out of two 2x4's laying flat with 1/2" osb between them vertically. I
am sure if he attaches a piece of plywood with just some glue and some
8d nails, it would be fine and hold any load one will see in a normal
house, even a piano.

Hank