Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Name That Tool

On Sun, 02 Jan 2011 00:06:51 +0800, wrote:

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 13:02:20 -0800, Winston
wrote:
Its not rocket science. I did 45 or there abouts a couple years ago,
but I used my forklift as lifting power. Took me about an hour and a
half total, simply lining up, driving to the next one, etc etc.

A forklift. Bliss!

They get bogged.

Some do indeed. Depends on if its offroad or not. Mine is offroad.

I use my Yanmar B13 excavator for lifting.

Cool!!

Most recent job was loading 67 limestone blocks on my trailer.
The hard part was that they had to be loaded under a carport which
was slightly higher than the excavator cab roof, boom would have hit
it at full height.

The blocks were 1 metre x 450 mm x 350 mm and really made the
excavator grunt, especially with the boom fully extended to load the
far side of the trailer. Original weight guesstimate was about 150
kg, revised version was 220+.

Alan

--

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once."
Robert A. Heinlein