Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie[_3_] Tim Downie[_3_] is offline

Default lights wires 1.5mm or 2.5mm (100 amp maion fuse)

george [dicegeorge] wrote:
I was about to order 1.5 mm wire for lighting before the Tuesday VAT
rise when I noticed in Collins Complete Wiring and Lighting page 26 :
[LENGTHS: if the company fuse is larger than 60 amps, 25mm2 meter
leads are required]
But I have never seen any other mention of this.
So can I not use 1.5 mm wire?

[g]

Roger Mills wrote:
Are you sure you're up to this job? If you are capable of confusing 25
(yes, twenty five) mm^2 meter tails with 1.5 or 2.5 mm^2 circuit
wiring, I do wonder!

jgharston wrote:
..and it's called cable, not wire. I think you really should call in
an electrician.

A.Lee wrote:
YTTC.
GAMI, you are clearly clueless.

John wrote:
If you were half competent you would have realised your error as it
would have jumped out as being illogical.

Part "P" was introduced as a result of people dabbling when they are
incompetent.

What an astonishing number of w*nkers crawled out of the woodwork in
response to such a question! One has to wonder what they think this group
is for and they ask themselves what they contribute to the group.

Tim