Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Old cameras

In article
,
Gerry wrote:

I have several boxes of old cameras that belonged to my Father. Most
appear to be 40's-50's vintage. My Father was a photographer during
WW2 and continued into the mid 50's. Almost everything is old sheet
film, 4X5 and 3X4. Graflex Press camera with Kalart viewfinder,
several flash units, sheet film holders, tripods lenses and the works.
I really have no idea if any of it has any value and don't really want
to research it because I'd first have to learn what it all is and I
just am not interested or have the time. So, the question I pose to
y'all, what do I do with all this stuff? It would kill me to put it
out for the trash because I know my father valued it. It will also
pain me to continue to keep it and having disposal of it become
another burden on my wife when I go. Don't particularly want to pack
it all up and ship it to someone, either. It may be junk when it
arrives, but hell, it may be junk now, as well. Anyhow, I need to be
thinning my possessions and this may be a good place to start. Any
suggestions?

There is a market in old cameras, a market that predates fleBay. One
place to start is Shutterbug magazine http://www.shutterbug.com/.

Also, local camera shows usually have a section with dealers in used
photo equipment.

I have personally dealt with KEH Camera http://www.keh.com/ with good
results

But never with this Igor http://www.igorcamera.com/.

Google for "used photographic equipment for sale" to find many more.

Joe Gwinn