Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Name That Tool

Winston wrote:

As Gunner mentioned, a tripod and winch would probably
be way more portable and useful.

Hell, in the time you've wasted flogging this on USENET, you could
have already dug them out by hand and be done!

I'm reminded of the time I took a couple of rolls of coins to the store,
and the girl said, "Oh, these have to be weighed." I said, OK, or I
could dump them out and count them. But she wasn't having any of that.
She had to leave the checkout station to go get a supervisor and tell
her that the coins needed to be weighed, while I stood aside and let her
serve the other folks in the line (she had come back from notifying the
supervisor, who had my coins); finally, the supervisor weighed the rolls
of coins and approved them. The girl came back and said, "OK", and I
said, "well, I could have just counted them right here on the counter,
you know. two, four, six, eight, ten, and so on and I'd have already been
out of here!" Apparently, that concept was beyond the grasp of her
uncomplicated mind.

Good Luck!
Rich