Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Are steel security cables choppable?

On Jan 1, 6:07 pm, Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...

Things like these...
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/71334
which are only 0.8mm thick. You'd think they'd be really fragile and
hair-raising to use, but I've yet to have one break in use - only when
dropping something on the grinder have I bust one. If I had a handy bit
of stainless lying about I'd go try it...

Cheap enough! Do they come in 5" dia?

Google finds a few, but they don't seem as thin - the difference between
using 1.0mm and 0.8mm was considerable.

20% maybe ;)

I've used the Makita 1mm ones and like em - I'll try these next time -
cheers

115mm will fit a 125mm grinder anyway and are more readily obtainable,
IIRC.

maybe not "possible" to make them 5" with same reliability.

Jim K