Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_2_] Skipweasel[_2_] is offline

Default Are steel security cables choppable?

In article ,
says...
The other material I struggled with is the stainless used for beer kegs.

I've been cutting up Calor gas cylinders, lately. I know they're not
stainless, but cutting them with some blades is very very different to
cutting them with others.

Using an ordinary grinding blade just makes a hot-spot, and as you say,
it just doesn't go anywhere.

Using those new ultra-thin cutting blades and it sails through.

Things like these...
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/71334
which are only 0.8mm thick. You'd think they'd be really fragile and
hair-raising to use, but I've yet to have one break in use - only when
dropping something on the grinder have I bust one. If I had a handy bit
of stainless lying about I'd go try it...