Robert Bonomi

Default Source For Large Diameter Threaded Dowel??

In article 1075060684.328746@sj-nntpcache-3,
BRuce wrote:
Woodcraft has the taps and thread boxes. I have the 1 1/2" set and have
used it for a adjustable stool post. The threadbox takes a little tuning
but the results are good, depending on the material.

the taps work just fine right out of the box. I did a short test bolt
and a "pine nut" that I keep on my desk at work as a conversation piece.
the concept of wooden threads seems to elude most people almost as if
there never was anything not made of metal!

Those who have never seen an adjustable piano stool, or a dis-assembled
push-broom (or floor-wax applicator), I guess.