Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
axolotl[_2_] axolotl[_2_] is offline

Default Old cameras

On 12/30/2010 3:41 PM, Gerry wrote:
I have several boxes of old cameras that belonged to my Father. Most
appear to be 40's-50's vintage. My Father was a photographer during
WW2 and continued into the mid 50's. Almost everything is old sheet
film, 4X5 and 3X4. Graflex Press camera with Kalart viewfinder,
several flash units, sheet film holders, tripods lenses and the works.
I really have no idea if any of it has any value and don't really want
to research it because I'd first have to learn what it all is and I
just am not interested or have the time. So, the question I pose to
y'all, what do I do with all this stuff?

As it works out, I saw a Graflex in a show last night. A fedora hat,
trench coat, and Speed Graphic says "reporter" on stage. If you have a
professional theater you like to support, I am sure they would be
delighted to add a Speed Graphic/flash to the stock. It saves rental
fees for the theater, and the theater can make a couple of bucks
occasionally by renting it to other productions.

Kevin Gallimore