Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Vacillator Vacillator is offline

Default Where to find (affordable) Oven Set Control G.E.

Thanks. Do you mean "electrolytic capacitor" ? What do they look
like? I should mention that I accidentally shorted out the bake
element a few years ago, after which I had to switch the thermo to
"clean" to get the red light to go off when the oven selector was in
"off". Otherwise the oven functioned normally. But now I have the
above-mentioned problem, intermittent function of oven selector
switch.

**Before doing anything, look for any electrolytic caps. Replace 'em. That
solves 90% of electronic oven control problems. Caps are usually rated at
125 degrees C or higher and are difficult to obtain though.

--
Trevor Wilson