Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Keiser John Keiser is offline

Default HP Laserjet 1012

Separator Pad[s]!

"John Keiser" wrote in message
news:foqdnW82tZF80IDQnZ2dnUVZ_rWdnZ2d@powerusenet. com...
I acquired 3 of these units and they have gotten light use [less than 3,000
pages each]. 1 unit "squeaks" when feeding paper but I thought I'd be able
to swap parts if needed one day.
Recently, one unit started to consistently jam with the paper about 1/4
inch into the fuser area.
Not feeding multiple pages so I think the separator pad is fine.
I say 1/4 inch because when the page is extracted, there is a slight
crease about 1/4 inch across the top.
Sometimes I can get 10 pages through OK, but after its warmed up, maybe
only 1 or 2.
I changed the cartridge. No joy.
I thought I'd swap the fuser units but first I tried the "squeaky"
printer. Prints fine but exactly the same jam.
I have the service manual and can take these part easily. But the manual
isn't giving me a good clue as to the issue.
Could be a timing issue but there aren't many sensors and the manual says
sensors rarely fail.
Anyone with experience able to focus me on the cause of the jam?
Thanks.