Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cat Doors

On 12/31/2010 1:12 AM, harry wrote:
On Dec 30, 1:58 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 12/30/2010 7:19 AM, harry wrote:

On Dec 30, 10:17 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 12/30/2010 3:13 AM, harry wrote:

On Dec 29, 9:47 pm, wrote:
harry wrote:

There are no wild cats of the domestic sort in the wild. The nearest
is possibly a wild cat there is in Scotland and possibly elsewhere but
they are quite different in temperament to a domestic cat.

It's a mistake to ascribe human emotions/behaviour to animals. They
are not children either though some people regard them as "surrogate
children". There is a reason for their behavour but not the same
reason as humans.

1. "Wild" and "domestic" are not exclusive. "Wild" and "domesticated" might
be. Just as domesticated cats can go feral (or start out that way), wild
cats can, and were, domesticated.

All of the cats we have today in the West originated with the Egyptians
domesticating an African wild cat (Felis silvestris lybica). Domestic cats
in other parts of the world had a slightly different ancestor.

II. Animals DO exhibit some of the same emotions as do two-leggers. The same
parts of their brains are excited with the same stimuli that causes emotions
in humans. The more primitive emotions lie in the Lymbic System, whose basic
functions can be remembered by the four Fs: Flight, Feeding, Fighting, and
Reproduction.

Those are not emotions. They are responses and survival instincts.
That is as far as most animals get except possibly chimpanzees who
have (so I'm told) 98.5% the same DNA as us. There are people here
who might hit 99% I believe.

I've often been told that I have the characteristics of a great ape,
usually by some woman who has just slapped me. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

So. Exactly what were you up to to get slapped? Bit of groping eh?

Human females are a mystery to me, quite often they claim I've offended
them some how and I'm often baffled as to the reason. I thought it might
be the drooling and crazy eyes but I discovered another reason quite by
accident. Half my relatives are Southern Baptists and I live
here in the middle of the Bible belt so the area is overrun with them.
I can offend a Southern Baptist woman by simply saying "Hello". They're
offended because "Hell" is a swear word and "O" is a sexual reference.
I can't win with them. :-)

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Not much difference between crazy muslims and crazy christians.

Na, they'll both kill you over trivialities of culture. :-)

TDD