Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] dav1936531@is.invalid is offline

Default Name That Tool

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:26:25 -0800, Winston
wrote:

During fence repairs, I sometimes need to
retrieve 3-5 lb. 1"- 4" diameter chunks of
concrete out of a ~15" - 24" deep hole in the ground.

(They are very unevenly shaped pieces.)

Right now, I squat and grab. This is getting
old fast.
--Winston

Can you burn the wood posts (maybe with gasoline) out of the concrete?
Do the posts go all the way through the concrete, i.e., after burning
out the posts you will be left with a square hole all the way through
the concrete?

If so, you could probably find some square steel tubing that will fit
in the hole and fabricate your own "toogle bolt" type of device. Just
put it in the hole of the concrete so that its spring loaded "toogles"
will flair out on the bottom side of the concrete block and yank out
the block with whatever lifting force you want to rig up to this
gadget.

Just an idea.
Dave