Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Better than STERNO

Aparently, you didn't get the joke. C4 is a high explosive,
used by the military. However, if it's treated gently, it
burns politely. Same deal with dynamte, I'm told that can be
burned, and it burns politely. No explosive outbursts.

I think it's unlilkely that was the fuel cubes for your
model engine.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
?C4, aka semtex,is a nice solid fuel with smokeless and
nearly
?colorless flame for heating rations or making tea.

Right. Just don't try to put it out with a hammer.

WIMP!!! ;-)

What does C4/semtex look like?

I remember white cubes which were provided as the fuel for a
kid's model steam engine. I never knew what they were, and
no longer
have the steam engine, so it does not matter -- but could
something like
semetex have actually been provided with a toy back in the
early 1950s?

Enjoy,
DoN.