Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Better than STERNO

On 30 Dec 2010 02:57:46 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2010-12-30, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 00:57:18 -0600, Don Foreman
? wrote:

?C4, aka semtex,is a nice solid fuel with smokeless and nearly
?colorless flame for heating rations or making tea.

Right. Just don't try to put it out with a hammer.

WIMP!!! ;-)

What does C4/semtex look like?

Playdough

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

I remember white cubes which were provided as the fuel for a
kid's model steam engine. I never knew what they were, and no longer
have the steam engine, so it does not matter -- but could something like
semetex have actually been provided with a toy back in the early 1950s?

Enjoy,
DoN.

difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind
boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

--Gene Spafford, 1992