Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rail Anvils

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 16:40:35 -0800, Tim Wescott ?
wrote:

?On 12/28/2010 04:15 PM, spaco wrote:
?? I just put up a page one rail anvils. It contains all I know about them
?? at present and what I am doing with them:
??
?? http://www.spaco.org/Blacksmithing/A...RailAnvils.htm
??
?? When folks (including me) have posted on this subject in the past,
?? several guys flame us for even thinking about using a rail anvil, but we
?? do it anyway.
?
?Dumb question: Where do you go to scrounge rails?

I keep seeing them at garage sales in one to six foot lengths for five
to twenty bucks. I got 2' thrown in with a weedeater purchase for
free.

Did it hurt much when it hit you? ;-)

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist, I'm just a very ticked off
scientist!!!