Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Marshall G50R CD , practise amp, 1999

Dave M wrote in message
news
N_Cook wrote:
Should be simple 1/4 inch so. S/R bypass sw. fixing, but for removing
the main board.
I ended up graunching off the speaker cable clamp as it is inserted
from the inside , not the outside and simple mole-grip compression
job to remove it. (note to myself, next time confronted with this
situation, try a small driver between black plastic retaining tongue
and the hole in the steel and push inwards on plastic bulk, may work
but not tried)
A plain grommet will be going back there as wires are loop-through
anchored plus solder to the pcb only 1.5 inches away anyway.
How on earth did someone assemble as no clearance space, you cannot
even see that area as surrounded by transformer and heatsink and
casing. Just referring to the heatsink, made me realise they probably
assemble board without LM3886T h/s and that goes in last. But then I
would expect a couple of holes in the rear of the casing to
facilitate screwing on , would need some sort of miniature flexible
shaft or right-angle-drive screwdriver to tighten
Maybe the mains transformer goes in last, but very short wiring loom
to it and still you cannot see the speaker thru-hole area and awkward
bent finger tip insertion.
Anyone else confronted with this conundrum ?

Please don't take this as a put-down or flame, because that's not my
intention. I respect your technical expertise and troubleshooting

ability,
but when I read one of your posts, I have to read it several times before

can figure out what you're talking about. Your sentences are poorly
constructed, and many times incomplete. It's a challenge for me to
understand the problem, what you're trying to accomplish. Maybe others

here
in the group have the same problem and are reluctant to reply. There; now
that's out of my system.

I'm not familiar with the amp, and it's hard to visualize what you're
talking about, Are you having trouble removing and reinstalling a cable
strain relief, such as the ones shown on a Mouser catalog page
(http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/642/2395.pdf)? If so, there are
tools (pliers, actually, and shown on the same catalog page) that are
specially built for that task, and they work quite well, with no damage to
either the chassis, the cable or the strain relief. The tools are a bit
pricey, but they are worth the cost if they save you a few hours of labor
over such a simple job.
Don't know if any of the vendors in your area have these in stock, but
Mouser does ship overseas.

Cheers,
--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Those are installation tools , maybe useable as extraction tools but
doubtfully for the "blind" side extraction. No way they could be used at
manufacture of these Marshalls even with absent heatsink and transformer
,without a serious bend in the shanks and probably longer shanks to clear
the case metalwork