Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Metal / plastic interface cracking

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In ,
wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:

(...)

USENET: Where the truth is tolerated.

(Psst. Larry! Teeshirt!)

I'm unclear on one thing. Will this help or hurt our reputation?

With whom? -- Important Question

I have a modest suggestion. There is a dead simple fully mechanical
approach with only one slow-moving part, the mortar and pestle. I bet a
granite model would work well, and last forever.

That is a most elegant and quiet approach.

But it could be improved upon with a 5 axis controller
and a couple hundred man-hours of design time...

Wouldn't a one-axis approach suffice? Up and down goes the pestle. Use
a traditional drop-hammer mechanism, powered by steam. There - we got
some iron into the story. And steampunk.

Joe, you are a genius!

--Winston