Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Metal / plastic interface cracking

In article ,
Winston wrote:

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In ,
wrote:

(...)

Krups has the photo and the screaming and knashing
of teeth from hundreds of other customers. One more
unit is not going to change any minds.

O ye of little faith...

A most precise and accurate description.

(...)

It would. I figure you would enjoy telling me how
you disassembled it in 40 seconds using only a
nail file, recast the housing using the 'lost wax'
process and reassembled it with machine screws
before lunchtime.

That would be *worth* the price of admission.

The boasting privilege is tempting, especially if fiction is allowed...

USENET: Where the truth is tolerated.

(Psst. Larry! Teeshirt!)

I'm unclear on one thing. Will this help or hurt our reputation?

(...)

I have a modest suggestion. There is a dead simple fully mechanical
approach with only one slow-moving part, the mortar and pestle. I bet a
granite model would work well, and last forever.

That is a most elegant and quiet approach.

But it could be improved upon with a 5 axis controller
and a couple hundred man-hours of design time...

Wouldn't a one-axis approach suffice? Up and down goes the pestle. Use
a traditional drop-hammer mechanism, powered by steam. There - we got
some iron into the story. And steampunk.

Joe Gwinn