Jim Wilson

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

charlie b wrote...
In the event that anyone's unaware of who Jim Wilson is and
why Dave missed a great opportunity - Jim made the mortising
chisels Steve Knight carried. He's a tool maker and knows
his stuff. I recall that he's gotten back into making his
mortising chisels again after a hiatus.

Hi, Charlie, and thank you for your kind words!

Roy's right. I had to stop taking orders again in October. I was able to
get a few hundred chisels out over the summer but had to shut down soon
after, owing once again to lack of time. I sure love making tools, but
haven't yet been able to set aside enough time to it to keep pace with
demand. Unfortunately, I still have other commitments that prevent me
from devoting all my time to tool making. Perhaps someday...

Can't find the new
url but here's his old one. Perhaps he'll provide his new
url

www.paragoncode.com/toolmaking/

The pages are still intact, and that's as good a start point as any.
Folks interested in making their own chisels might find some useful
information. The mortise chisel pages start at

www.paragoncode.com/toolmaking/mortise_chisels

Cheers!

Jim