Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
TwoGuns TwoGuns is offline

Default Better than STERNO

"OTOH, I have a little Chinese two-burner butane stove I got from a
Haitian importer friend, and it's about the dandiest little miniature
stove you could want. It tunes to anything from a roar to a bare
simmer,
and the canned butane is sold by many ACE hardware stores.

LLoyd "
The only problem with Butane or Propane is in extremely cold weather
they will freeze up. I'm not sure at what temperature but I believe it
is around 25 below F. I know it got cold enough to freeze my propane
torch with a full 20# bottle in Alberta one night. It was around 50
below that night and the only thing that kept my truck running was a
tray of Kingsford Charcoal brickettes under the oil pan. Thankfully my
Cat engine was spotlessly clean or I would have caught the truck on
fire.Of course very few people are going to be cooking outdoors or
camping at anything below zero unless they are wearing a uniform.

DL