Posted to rec.woodworking
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default OT Bradley Manning

HeyBub wrote:
Disbelief wrote:

Using unlawful methods to try and get Assange extradited to the USA
or some of your politicians (Palin for one) is demanding unlawful
execution of Assange - and that is from the land of "freedom and free
speech". Hypocrites!!

I can't imagine what comic book you're reading.

The United States has not charged Assange with anything nor has it
asked that he be extradited to the US.

Nor will it.

Assange will get a pass from the US for the simple reason that any
criminal offense the USA can concoct to sanction Assange would apply
equally well to the NY Times. Assange did not steal these
communications nor is there any intimation he participated in any way
with their theft. He merely publicized them.

Same as the New York Times.

Further, as to your (erroneous) assertion that Palin demands the
unlawful execution of Assange, I should point out that killing a
terrorist is not unlawful. That said, what she ACTUALLY said, in
contradistinction to your claim, was:

"Why was he not pursued with the same urgency we pursue al Qaeda and
Taliban leaders?"

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/201...k-assange.html

Lastly, you claim "hypocrisy" as if that's a bad thing. Hypocrisy
gets a bad rap.

Think football or baseball coach. If the coach could pitch or pass as
well as the player he's instructing, he'd be on the field making the
big bucks!

since signing a book deal, how is he any different than a common fence
(accepting stolen goods for personal gain in reselling)?