Posted to uk.d-i-y
Skipweasel[_2_] Skipweasel[_2_] is offline

Default why only 99.9% of germs dead?

In article , says...
Past? We're still feeding antibiotics to farm animals on a regular basis
- i.e. not as part of a treatment for a current ailment.

Continual feeding is one thing, not taking a complete course to totally
wipe out an infection is another

Ah - that may actually be rather misleading.

Wish I could remember where I saw some research that showed that a 7-day
course of antibiotics is "traditional" because it's a week, but that in
many cases 3 or 4 days is plenty even allowing for making sure that
survivors don't develop resistance.

Long-term feeding probably has a better chance to develop "superbugs"
than human periodic useage.