Bay Area Dave

Default Who said Marples chisels are any good???

cool!

dave

charlie b wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

I'd send it to you, but I've gotten a refund on it already.

Nice try, Jim!

dave

In the event that anyone's unaware of who Jim Wilson is and
why Dave missed a great opportunity - Jim made the mortising
chisels Steve Knight carried. He's a tool maker and knows
his stuff. I recall that he's gotten back into making his
mortising chisels again after a hiatus. Can't find the new
url but here's his old one. Perhaps he'll provide his new
url

www.paragoncode.com/toolmaking/

I'm certain that when you got your chisel back it'd be
sharper than you could make it and the back would be
dead flat.

As for his mortising chisels - well you can try one out
when the lock miter joints are done

charlie b