Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default why only 99.9% of germs dead?

"Dave" wrote in message
On 26/12/2010 09:38, Matty F wrote:
On Dec 25, 5:44 am, wrote:
I keep seeing adverts that state that the product kills 99.9% of germs
dead. What can't we have a product that kills them all, like Screen?

You can kill all germs with Aqua Regia.

Jeez I wouldn't like to be in the same room as that, let alone use it on a
work top

Dave

IIRC Aqua Regia is just a combination of acids which dissolves the noble
metals such as gold and silver.
Wikipedia says Nitric and Hydrochloric. which sounds right.
Mind you, Wikipedia says 'fuming' and "concentrated" so that could be a bit
dodgy to be near.
Oh, and it rapidly decomposes and loses its effectiveness.
So probably not good on a work top.

Did I mention the guy who invented a universal solvent then couldn't find
anything to keep it in?