Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Metal / plastic interface cracking

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In ,
wrote:

(...)

For now, we are back using the old one and the new one is
in the garbage can.

Maybe it *is* worth fixing the old one, if the new ones are built
pre-busted.

For now we have a replacement from one of Krups' competitors
so that we can make Java until I decide which conical burr
grinder is the one for us.

I bet the sluggishness is due to dirty bearings or the like. Or
congealed coffee oils. A disassembly, cleaning, and oiling may be the
charm.

I looked into that. The enclosure snaps together semi-permanently
and requires a complicated jig to apply just the right pressure
to many key points to spring all the necessary latches for
disassembly.

But I would return the busted new one, just to be a pill.

I suggested that. SWMBO reminded me that Amazon was not interested
in our petty concerns, though. Oh Well.

--Winston