Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus27085 Ignoramus27085 is offline

Default A troubling Christmas - metal/mental related

On 2010-12-26, Steve W. wrote:
dan wrote:
Steve B wrote in
rec.crafts.metalworking on Sat, 25 Dec 2010 12:31:59 -0800:

I was just sent a cell phone picture of my two grandsons, five and seven, on
their new Christmas present, an ATV.

One idea: To get the kids to wear helmets, see if you can find a pair
of helmets with a built in radio intercom. To use the intercom, they
have to wear the helmet.

Another idea: Take the family to see a victim of a head injury. This
may take some doing to find someone willing. A child of similar age
would be best. It will have more effect on parents than kids.

I knew a young lady who decided that a helmet wasn't needed. She was my
cousin. She was buried one week prior to her graduation from HS. The ATV
she was driving flipped over and snapped her neck, killing her instantly.

And how would a helmet help?

Otherwise I would say, sad story.

Some accidents are not as deadly, such as this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HStc1BjaRAY