Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default A troubling Christmas - metal/mental related

TwoGuns wrote:
On Dec 26, 8:51 am, "Snag" wrote:
TwoGuns wrote:
It sounds to
me like maybe the S.I.L knows what he is doing with these kids. They
may break a few bones and get skinned up but when they grow up they
will have a huge advantage over the candy assed kids that had
scaredy cat parents. A heavy dose of MYOB would be advised for this
Grandparent.

DL

Methinks you don't understand the dangers inherent in riding a 4
wheeler . Further , you might have skipped over the part about the
kids getting into places which put them in danger or where they were
explicitly told NOT to go while on an electric model . This tells me
that mom & dad aren't teaching/monitoring the boys as they should be
.
IMO Steve is rightfully concerned about the safety and well-being of
his grandkids . I know in this situation I damn well would be !!
Not that I overprotected my kids , but they were well supervised
when they were doing things that could seriously injure them .
--
Snag
motorcycle

I have been riding motorcycles since I was ten Snag (now 64) and I've
spent many hours on three wheelers, four wheelers, dune buggies and
many other vehicles. I have suffered a few bruises and some road rash
so I know what CAN happen when you do something stupid. The OP said
the Grandkids did things they were told not to. I gathered they did
things that their Granddad told them not to. If they did something
their Dad had approved Granddad is interfering IMHO and he needs to
butt out.

DL

Hmm , I had the impression they did things Mom & Dad said not to ... well
, neither of us is involved , and we've both stated our positions . Bottom
line is that we ain't in control of this situation , and our opinions are
moot .
That said , I've been ridin' since I was 13 , but I'm not quite as old as
you . Also had my share of bumps and broken bones , and it's made me a more
careful rider . Especially this time of year , the cagers don't really
expect to see bikes , which makes me triply cautious - though lately we've
been seeing a lot more bikes out . We think this is probably due to fuel
costs and under/unemployment .
--
Snag
Learning keeps