Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default 8th largest army in world deploys...

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 16:21:20 -0500, wrote:

The reason they have prolifierated is that you have shot all the
bears. You need more bears.

Black bears are doing quite well in SW Florida. They are walking
around downtown Ft Myers occasionally.
Once you get out of town they are all over.

This is a few miles east of my house
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/bears%...0Corkscrew.jpg
We see one in the park right at the end of my street now and then.

I just don't think bears really go after deer that often. They are
more interested in palmetto berries, air potatoes, road kill and
dumpster diving.

Thanks for posting that photo. Corkscrew was a swamp when I was a kid
growing up in the county, now partly a Preserve with golf courses. Ft.
Myers had a population of 25000. Part of 6-Mile Cypress and Pole
Crossing are now the International Airport

Note in the picture these bears are in a pine forest. "High ground"
and not in the marsh areas.

You took me back 40 years. Glad to see bears are doing well...