Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default 8th largest army in world deploys...

On Dec 26, 9:59*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
" wrote :

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 08:46:47 -0800 (PST), Harry K
wrote:

On 2010-12-25, HeyBub wrote:

that number. Over the last two months, the eighth largest army
in the world....

I've been saying this for 40 yrs. A foreign land army wouldn't
get half a state from the beaches before being defeated. Every
redneck, yokel, hunter, militia nut, and gun collector in the Us
would be mounted up and rolling within minutes of the news. This
is why I found the movie Red Dawn totally preposterous. Those pi
ata pinkos woulda' been wiped out in 24 hrs. And AKs vs scoped
300 WinMags? Puh-leeze!

nb

So why then do you think you can defeat Afghanistan?

Nobody thinks we can WIN in Afghanistan. The object has always been
not to lose.

Plus, it's a lot of fun to kill them.- Hide quoted text -

Ya mean like we didn't 'lose' in Viet Nam?

we DID NOT "lose",we gave up.
Even the NVN Generals admit we had them beat,until we gave up.
America lost it's will to fight,and fought foolishly by giving in to
Political Correctness.We never dealt with Hanoi or Haiphong harbor
properly.We really never attacked past the S.Vietnam border,just some lame
bombings on "suspected" targets(trees).

There never had to BE a Vietnam war if the Dulles brothers striped
pants set in the State Department had not ignored Ho Chi Minh when he
approached the U.S. to be Vietnam's friend against their millennial
enemy, China. The U.S. simply ignored this contact from another head
of state. "Our" interests were to restore the French colonial regime,
and incidentally continue access to strategic minerals. I saw with my
own eyes an exhibit in Saigon -- oops, Ho Chi Minh City -- quoted a
high-ranking US Official to say that we must stay in Vietnam for the
tungsten and other strategic minerals.

Ho Chi Minh was a sophisticated, cultured, much-traveled NATIONALIST,
not a COMMUNIST, till he had nowhere else to turn. Was not a good idea
to ignore/insult this funny little guy in the black pajamas with the
wispy beard, a great admirer of the U.S. He modeled the Vietnamese
Constitution after the US Constitution.

Then, of course, we come to the Tonkin Gulf fabricated incident, after
the US had sent boats up & down the coast baiting the Vietnamese. It
is now on record hat Johnson "agonized" over whether to order attack,
knowing full well that he was sending our troops into harm's way on a
baldfaced LIE.

Johnson put through some progressive legislation; he cared about the
poor. But he is responsible for the deaths of 58,000 American troops
and the wounding for life of countless others. There wasn't the same
concern for vets that is (too) gradually taking hold because of the
current Asian wars. And, if anybody cares, millions of Vietnamese
civilians were killed and their country poisoned with Agent Orange.
But then, they were only "gooks"!

Santayan said: Those who do not study history are doomed to relive
it."

We are reliving it. WMD, Yellow cake. Metal Tubes.

Ten years earlier, our Ambassador to Iraq, April Glaspie was asked by
Saddam Hussein what the U.S. would do if he invaded Kuwait. Glaspie
replied (on instructions from State Dept; NO ambassador MAKES policy;
they convey it) that the U.S. had no policy on the matter. The rest,
as they say, is history.

Too bad our children aren't taught read history in school, instead of
a sanitized US-centric version. Much of the world outside our shores
has figured out that, as Benjamin Franklin famously said: "We must
hang together, or we will assuredly hang separately."

HB

There never would have had to BE a Vietnam war if the Dulles brothers
striped pants set in the State Department had not ignored Ho Chi Minh
when he approached the U.S. to be Vietnam's friend against their
millennial enemy, China. The U.S. simply ignored this contact from
another head of state. "Our" interests were to restore the French
colonial regime, and incidentally continue access to strategic
minerals. I saw with my own eyes an exhibit in Saigon -- oops, Ho Chi
Minh City -- with words from high-ranking US Official that we must
stay in Vietnam for the tungsten and other strategic minerals.

Then, of course, we come to the Tonkin Gulf fabricated incident, after
the US had sent boats up & down the coast baiting the Vietnamese. It
is now on record hat Johnson "agonized" over whether to order attack,
knowing full well that he was sending our troops into harm's way on a
baldfaced LIE.

Santayan said: Those who do not study history are doomed to relive
it."

WMD, Yellow cake. Metal Tubes. Ten years earlier, our Ambassador to
Iraq, April Glaspie was asked by Saddam Hussein what the U.S. would
do if he invaded Kuwait. Glaspie replied (on instructions from State
Dept; NO ambassador MAKES policy; they convey it) that the U.S. had
no policy on the matter. The rest, as they say, is history.

Likely. *Congress likes to do stupid things.

That is exactly the way
Afghanisstan will end...with US dragging our tails out of there just
like the Russians did.

If the leftists have anything to say about it, certainly.

BECAUSE of the leftists and their Political Correctness.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik