Posted to alt.home.repair
TimR[_2_] TimR[_2_] is offline

Default Cat Doors

On Dec 25, 1:07*pm, Marina wrote:
LouB wrote :

Jeff Thies wrote:

* I'm putting in a new door, as well as residing/rebuilding that part
* of
the house, and I'm thinking of putting in the cat door in the wall
rather than the door.

* I'd like to avoid some obvious problems, like water in the walls.
* So
either make a channel out of backer board or find about a 6" tube.
Slope it down toward the outside so it drains and has a bit of wind
blocking.

* Those are my ideas. I don't always have good ideas. Something else?
The commercial cat doors have not been holding up for me, but they
get a lot of use.

* Jeff

Good for the neighborhood. Lets the cats out so they can kill birds,
chipmonks, etc. *Also so they can wail at night.

There was a cat that always was under my BR window at 4.00am. It had a bell
on it's collar making noise. *My dog could hear it and always barked like
crazy. *Of course that woke me up each night. One day I talking to a
neighbor and happened to mention what was happening. *I think I said
something like "who the heck puts on a bell and lets a cat out at night".
Lo and behold, the bell jingling stopped. *I didn't know it, but she must
have owned the cat.

Cats cannot detect or respect property boundaries.

The cats you let roam loose do damage in my yard, kill small critters
and songbirds that live over here, claw my screens, spray their waste
in my yard, and torment my dog (who is NOT allowed to go into your
yard to do his business or his digging).

How about showing some responsibility for what you own?