Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Cat Doors

On Dec 24, 8:29*pm, Jeff Thies wrote:
* *I'm putting in a new door, as well as residing/rebuilding that part
of the house, and I'm thinking of putting in the cat door in the wall
rather than the door.

* *I'd like to avoid some obvious problems, like water in the walls. *So
either make a channel out of backer board or find about a 6" tube. Slope
it down toward the outside so it drains and has a bit of wind blocking.

* *Those are my ideas. I don't always have good ideas. Something else?
The commercial cat doors have not been holding up for me, but they get a
lot of use.

* *Jeff

You can get cat door that only open for your cat(s). The cat has to
wear a collar though.