T.

Default two glue questions

Sun, Jan 25, 2004, 2:27am (EST+5) (pintihar)
says:
The bottle of yellow glue I have states that it will not work in
temperatures below 55 degrees. (Titebond II) snip
welcome comments on the pros/cons of this versus standard yellow ww
glue.

I did that once, with Titebond II. Got a joint I could pop apart
easily, even with the heel of my hand. Warmed the glue and wood,
re-glued, and I'd say that joint was as strong as Iif 'd done it right
in the first place.

Never used Gorilla glue, but a similar type. Used it once, and
never cared to use it again.

Abouit the only gluing need I don't use Titebond II for, is gluing
little strips of paper, with my name on them, onto rolls of coins. And,
a few things I use Crazy Glue for, or model cement.

I've been keeping my Titebond in the h ouse, and gluing up in
there. Even when it's warm. The shop is small, and I've not been
working on large projects. I use my little lazy-susan finishing table I
made, for gluing up, works out well.

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you
"know"?.
- Granny Weatherwax

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 25 Jan 2004.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/