Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default 8th largest army in world deploys...

On Dec 25, 9:03*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Dec 25, 9:40*am, Nate Nagel wrote:

On 2010-12-25, *wrote:

Nobody thinks we can WIN in Afghanistan. The object has always been not to
lose.

The object has always been, and always will be, to keep the
military-industrial complex rolling in $$$$. *Exporting war is our
primary business. *Duh!

nb

Now, now, let's be fair! *There's another important objective: *To
keep the OIL flowing!

To that end, we kiss up to the worst *dictatorial regimes in the
world, and arrange to kill anybody who tries to upset the situation.
Like poor Saddam; he would still be at liberty to drop his Shi'ite
opponents into acid if he hadn't tried to upset our cozy deal with the
Saudis: *You keep the oil price stable and you can do anything you
want to your people. *Only now it's coming out that the money we send
Saudi for the oil is sent right on to our Taliban *friends...money
covered with the blood of our troops and of innocent civilians in
Afghanistan and Iraq. AND Pakistan, don't forget; our Pakistani
friends who receive gazillions of dollars from the U.S. *Makes our
puny contributions to Israel, which IS on our side, look like play
dough.

Since when was Israel on anyone's side but their own? *(same could be
said for pretty much anyone in that whole area though)

Could be, hell, IS said by any regime ANYWHERE!!

Slight difference with the neighbors, however: *Israel not murdering
innocent civilians; *not sending terrorists to do a 9/11 over hereand
plan for much, much more; not working actively to destabilize the
entire region. *It is, however, creating and perfecting high tech that
is shared with the U.S. and which has saved many lives in our
military. *It is also setting an example of a Western *democracy in a
sea of fanaticism. *Differing opinions are openly debated in the
media; *other religions, even those of its worst enemies, can *be
openly practiced. *Show me the neighbor country that does the same.
THEY are busy killing their own for religious and/or power
differences.

There's this wonderful quote: *Governments have no *________(missing a
word; anybody fill in) only interests. * The U.S. is right up there,
doing awful things, siding with awful people, in the often mistaken
belief that it protects our interests. *Who defines those interests?
Answer: short-sighted Govt *whores who know little or nothing about
the areas where they are interfering.. *They know only that their
corporate masters pay them in "campaign contributions" to keep the
share price up (and the bonuses coming), and the revolving door busily
swinging.

Plus the military, which has to justify its wasteful budgets (plus
throwing money almost literally out of the window to the criminal
"contractors" like the former Blackwater, which changed it name, but
not its MO.)

Ex -- one of many: *The Congress whores (apologies to honest sex
workers) *keep funding a plane even though the relevant service has
said it doesn't want it. *That's a no-no! *Gotta keep the pork coming
to the District! Forget providing decent services to the wounded, in
mind and body, from the "war" in Afgh. Iraq, and now practically
speaking, in Pakistan.

HB- Hide quoted text -

Israel has driven tens of thousands from their homes and into the
concentration cam p (Gaza).