Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default A troubling Christmas - metal/mental related

"Jon Elson" wrote in message
news
Steve B wrote:
I was just sent a cell phone picture of my two grandsons, five and seven,
on their new Christmas present, an ATV.

I am very troubled by this, having expressed my feelings on this
heretofore, and knowing that the strong willed son-in-law would do
whatever the **** he wanted, thank you very much for your input months
ago.

Geez, the real problem is the son in law, not the ATV. The newspapers are
full of horror
stories about this kind of stuff, I assume you can look these up online if
you want to.

Jon

SIL is a police sergeant in a city with more than a million people. As I
posted, I have been reading about this online since I got wind of this three
months ago. Statistics are sad and voluminous. When something happens, it
is usually bad.

This evening, the five year old pulled out his newest Christmas present, a
Nerf multiple fire dart gun. The first thing he did was shot his brother in
the face. On the gun it says AGES: 8+.

ATV manufacturers suggest 16 years of age on most safety placards on their
machines.

I managed an "Oh, really" when notified of the news, given in the same tone
of voice as a parent who's son had just made the local high school varsity
football squad.

We'll see, and I wish them the best.

Steve