Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default 8th largest army in world deploys...

On 2010-12-25, wrote:

Nobody thinks we can WIN in Afghanistan. The object has always been not to
lose.

The object has always been, and always will be, to keep the
military-industrial complex rolling in $$$$. Exporting war is our
primary business. Duh!

nb

Now, now, let's be fair! There's another important objective: To
keep the OIL flowing!

To that end, we kiss up to the worst dictatorial regimes in the
world, and arrange to kill anybody who tries to upset the situation.
Like poor Saddam; he would still be at liberty to drop his Shi'ite
opponents into acid if he hadn't tried to upset our cozy deal with the
Saudis: You keep the oil price stable and you can do anything you
want to your people. Only now it's coming out that the money we send
Saudi for the oil is sent right on to our Taliban friends...money
covered with the blood of our troops and of innocent civilians in
Afghanistan and Iraq. AND Pakistan, don't forget; our Pakistani
friends who receive gazillions of dollars from the U.S. Makes our
puny contributions to Israel, which IS on our side, look like play
dough.

Since when was Israel on anyone's side but their own? (same could be
said for pretty much anyone in that whole area though)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel