Jim K

Default two glue questions

Supposedly Gorilla Glue
(http://www.gorillaglue.com/theglue/specs.shtml) works down to 40F
tho' not optimally. I just finished reading a book about glueing and
it mentioned that glues like Titebond form a chalky like substance in
the 50s. I confirmed that this winter. Also the Titebond
(http://www.titebond.com/ProductLineT...ne=2&prodcat=1) web
site gives 55F as the chalk temperature.

It's possilbe you may have a glue problem - whatever, it probably
won't be as strong as a warmer temp glueing job.

I'm thinking about temporarily "borrowing" the kitchen table for some
panel glueups I'm about to do.

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 02:27:43 GMT, pintihar
wrote:

The bottle of yellow glue I have states that it will not work in
temperatures below 55 degrees. (Titebond II)

I just completed a project ( poplar storage chest ). I noticed that
after letting the glue set for several hours, that the temperature in
my shop is low: 50 degrees.
I have moved the project indoors. Any comments or advice on the status
of the glue job?

Also, I use gorilla glue from time to time depending on the
requirements. I love the stuff, and would welcome comments on the
pros/cons of this versus standard yellow ww glue.

Thanks,
Phil