Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve.IA Steve.IA is offline

Default Cat Doors

Jeff Thies wrote in
:

We are talking cats here.

I'd like to make it small enough to keep the possums and raccoons
out. Not that I know how small that is, they can squeeze in some tight
places.

Thanks,
Jeff

TDD

Ours is mounted in a walkout basement casement window, with a cat ledge
they must jump to to access the offset swinging doors. Cats travel from
ledge thru 1 door, turn pass between panel where a storm window would be
mounted and where the main sash (raised)would be, turn again thru the
basement access swinger.
2 door 'airlock' (kinda)
keeps wild critters out
cats only need to be 'stuffed' into hole once or twice before they figure
it out.

YMMV
Steve
southiowa
--
There is no such thing as a silly question;
just silly people asking questions.