David Hall

Default Source For Large Diameter Threaded Dowel??

Does anyone know of a source for large diameter 1-1/2"+ threaded
dowels. All my search has turned up so far are the Beall jigs. This
would work but I only need a foot or two and the jigs are pricey.
Harbor freight has a cheaper unit but it's only 1" and...well...it's
harbor freight. Shop-made thread box (such as in the Workbench Book)
is a bit beyond my capability as yet. I'd just as soon buy the dowel
(and nut) already made.

Thanks in advance.
Daryl

Speaking of this, has anyone used the HF wood "tap & dies"? Are they any good?

Dave Hall