Wm Gardner

Default Japanese Chisels (was Who said Marples chisels are any good???)

While we are on the subject of Japanese chisels, has anyone tried that
set offered by Grizzly? From what you can tell in a catalog they look
and sound pretty good but the price seems too good to be true. Has
anyone out there taken the chance?

Thanks in advance,
Bill

--

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

"Alan W" wrote in message
om...

Dave,
If you want some SERIOUS chisels, drive on up to Alameda, and visit

The
Japan Woodworker. Make certain you bring your high limit credit

card,
though. They are rightly proud of their tools.

On the other hand, your grandchildren will be trying to decide who

gets
them when you're gone....

I've been looking at just buying a couple of chisels from Japan
Woodworker. My limited set of 1/4, 1/2, and 1" of cheap stanleys have
seen only use of the smaller two. And they are better suited to glue
line scraping than mortising.

What does one need to spend on individual chisels to get a good
mortising chisel? $30 $50 $150?

Thanks for those who have used them.