Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk is offline

Default why only 99.9% of germs dead?

On Dec 24, 11:00*pm, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:
"David WE Roberts" wrote in ...

"Dave" wrote in message
I keep seeing adverts that state that the product kills 99.9% of germs
dead. What can't we have a product that kills them all, like Screen?

Dave

IIRC it is (or at least used to be) 99.9% of KNOWN germs.
So it was always the unknown germs that used to worry me.

Merry festive season of choice to you all

Oh, and does it kill the other 0.1% undead, so your kitchen surfaces are
haunted by the living dead?
I feel a B movie script coming on...

Actually, it's the ad campaign that's come back from the dead. The
"Kills 99% of household germs" advert for product "A" appeared on TV
at least 20-30 years ago. a few weeks later, product "B" started
advertising "Kills ALL known germs". I thought the story was told to
trainee advertising executives as a lesson in not underselling your
product (or being too honest), but maybe training isn't what it used
to be.

Chris