Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default What type of socket wrench should I get?

Vic Smith wrote the following:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:18:24 -0500, willshak
wrote:

Yes, I agree, but the OP asked about the dogbone wrenches.
You could not even remove a car battery with the dogbones. It's pretty
tight even with a box wrench..

I bought a battery stud wrench when they first came out.
Dedicated to that. Ratcheting, insulated handle.
Sears has them for about 10 bucks.
One of my kids must have swiped it.

My wife steals mine. even though I bought her her own tool kit and tool box.
I have, or should I say had, 3 tape measures that I can't find. I would
lock my toolbox, but then, she might lock her box. :-)

Every time I see one at Sears I want to buy it, but don't.
I just get one of my kids to do the car work.

--Vic

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY