Silvan

Default Question about rust

Mike in Mystic wrote:

condensation would preferentially occur there. Has anyone else
experienced this kind of thing?

You already know about thick castings and increased humidity and stuff. Now
think about a fan. I've had a cheap box fan running 24/7 in my shop,
moving the air around, since last fall. High humidity, low humidity, high
temperatures (up to 120 F inside the shop) and low (down somewhere below
10) I haven't had anything rust except for stuff that's been kept out of
the moving airstream.

Granted, I don't have any big iron in my shop, but I'm still impressed with
the efficacy of this inexpensive prophylactic. I used to have to wax
*everything* frequently. Every chisel, every screwdriver, every saw
blade... Rust was a severe problem.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/