mel

Default Question about rust

I'm glad somebody else had this problem.. I thought I was going nuts. Why
only the jointer and not the other tools? BTW, I read the same article and
in it they claim Empire's Topsaver was the best rust removal and second best
preventative. I got some, used it to clean up the badly rusted used jointer
I had purchased after sanding the excess rust away. It worked so well I
sprayed what little I had left on the TS, small bottle...doesn't go far, and
with little effort it removed the stains with ease. 8 days later with high
humidity nary a sign of rust. I might mention I did apply wax afterwards.
Good stuff...