Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Email address for Charles Phillips Of Edinburgh Ltd, Auctioneers

In message
, Jim
K writes
On Dec 24, 8:35 am, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:
Jim K wrote :

are you being leant on?

Er, no - I believe in being fair. Some of these auction houses can be
fly by nights and I wanted to make sure it was clear that this one was
not one of them.

There is nothing guaranteed to make me very loud, than someone trying
to lean on me.

Fair? IMHO you've been had, despite your assurances to the contrary.

Jim K

Harry,
Being a frequenter of many auctions I'm afraid that I would tend to
agree with Jim. At the ones I attend you would normally find a fully
working, boxed, as new, laptop making about 2/3s of the cheapest shop
price.
To give an idea on pricing there are a number of people at my local
auction that buy there and sell on Ebay, they still manage a reasonable
profit. Even so it is still very much, let the buyer beware. If they
don't give you the chance before the sale to check out the equipment to
your satisfaction then I would walk away. Again my local will even
allow me to take test equipment in and run up items before the day.

--
Bill