Posted to alt.home.repair
jeff_wisnia[_2_] jeff_wisnia[_2_] is offline

Default What type of socket wrench should I get?

Vic Smith wrote:
On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:18:24 -0500, willshak
wrote:

Yes, I agree, but the OP asked about the dogbone wrenches.
You could not even remove a car battery with the dogbones. It's pretty
tight even with a box wrench..

I bought a battery stud wrench when they first came out.
Dedicated to that. Ratcheting, insulated handle.
Sears has them for about 10 bucks.
One of my kids must have swiped it.

I feel your pain Vic.

First I tried stickers on my two home garage tool boxes:

http://www.decobugs.com/product_p/ds1004.htm

That didn't stop the kids, so I finally had to put a couple of small
combination locks on them. Those have worked, and now if a kid needs to
use a tool I "check it out" to him and make sure I ask for it back by
the end of the day.

Not likely to win me a Father of The Year award, but it's better than
finding the one socket I need isn't where it should be.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Every time I see one at Sears I want to buy it, but don't.
I just get one of my kids to do the car work.

--Vic