Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

Smitty Two wrote in newsrestwhich-
:

In article
,
Ron wrote:

Just happen to check the batteries in my Coleman lantern today and
this is what I found.

http://i55.tinypic.com/r2oldh.jpg

You found blurry batteries? Were they in focus when they were new?

I've had good luck -so far- with Ray-o-Vac batteries.
Had to switch from Fuji Novel after they apparently changed manufacture,and
out of a whole 24 pack of AA's,half in the package were leaking well before
the "use by" date,and not even put into use yet.They used to be very
reliable. ;-(
I've had lots of Duracells leak,a few Everready,but Harbor Freight
"Thunderbolt" brand were the worst.

Plus,I'm switching over to rechargeable NiMH AA's where possible.
They don't seem to have the self-discharge rate I expected,MUCH less than
NiCd.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik