Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rayovac batteries - leak problems?

Ouch, that's no good. Were you able to clean up the light,
or was it too far gone?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ron" wrote in message
On Dec 13, 10:29 pm, Jan Philips

wrote:
I usually use Duracell or Energizer batteries. I got some
Rayovac
batteries because they were cheaper. I figured that they
were about
the same, and you are paying for Duracell and Energizer
advertising. I
had the Rayovac batteries in two Maglite flashlights. Both
started
getting dim, so I opened them up to change the batteries.
The Rayovac
batteries had leaked and ruined the flashlights. I
contacted Rayovac
- they said that they were reimbursing me for the
flashlights and
today I received new batteries from them.

I'm afraid to use the replacement Rayovac batteries - they
might leak
and ruin something else. Do Rayovac batteries have
problems with
leaking?

Just happen to check the batteries in my Coleman lantern
today and
this is what I found.

http://i55.tinypic.com/r2oldh.jpg